The workshop will include experiential exercises, clinical case discussions, and trouble-shooting FAQs with the view of supporting practitioners to further develop their confidence and competence in the delivery of CBT-E. Through participating in the masterclass, participants will obtain the skills and confidence to:
- Adapt CBT-E to the real world (especially considering its applications to private practice settings),
- Engage highly ambivalent patients,
- Manage treatment priorities; extend the formulation; and make appropriate adaptations for complex and co-morbid presentations,
- Troubleshoot issues with formulating; in-session weighing; and real-time monitoring,
- Provide treatment to patients who are severely underweight,
- Adopt a weight-neutral, HAES framework while maintaining model fidelity,
- Implement the broad form of CBT-E, and
- Address slow-no progress in treatment.
Target Audience: This workshop is suitable for CBT-E practitioners who already have knowledge of CBT-E and have experience in using It and are looking to further develop their skills and learn how to apply the treatment model to more complex presentations.
Dr Kiera Buchanan is registered as both a Clinical Psychologist and a Health Psychologist as well as an AHPRA-approved supervisor.
Kiera is the Director of Centre for Integrative Health: Queensland’s private treatment centre for eating disorders and body-image concerns. Kiera is an executive committee member of the Queensland Eating Disorder Advisory Group (EDAG) as well as a former executive member of the Australian & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED).
- Limited places available
- In person, face-to-face training format
- For more information, contact email@example.com
“Thank you so much for the fantastic training you delivered last week on CBT-E. I lived with anorexia, bulimia and BED in my teens/20s and received care from several professionals who did not appear to know how to deliver evidence-based interventions for these conditions. These healthcare interactions both delayed my recovery and made it harder to recover. I am therefore so very grateful for your workshops and education of health professionals -having trained professionals means that ED suffers can receive timely and effective care, so thank you for your work in this area.”
Bronwyn M, Psychologist
“Thank you so very much for your outstanding presentation of the CBT-E workshop. I appreciate so much the energy and passion you brought to the workshop. The knowledge, awareness and confidence I gained from the course is life-changing. I feel absolutely privileged to have had this opportunity. I have always been passionate about working in the eating disorders field, however, have not had the specific training nor confidence to do so. Thank you very much.”
Carolyn K, Psychologist