This outlines the policy of Centre for Integrative Health (CFIH) for the management of clients’ personal information. CFIH is bound by the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Collecting of Client Information
As part of providing health services, CFIH collects personal information from you that is necessary and relevant to your treatment. We use the personal information we collect from you to ensure we provide best-possible treatment.
Your personal information is accessible by your treating professional and staff of CFIH (as necessary).
The types of personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- identifying information such as names, addresses, contact details, occupation; dates of birth and gender;
- information connected with treatment and appointments with our staff;
- information recorded during the course of client sessions. CFIH records sessions with clients for the purposes of supervision only. Further consent will be sought before recordings are used for other purposes, such as training. Any recordings are deleted after review and those persons reviewing the recordings are bound by the same level of confidentiality applying to your clinician; and
- other information which assists us in conducting our business, contacting you, providing marketing services and complying with our legal obligations.
Storage of Client Information
The personal information we collect is generally stored in our secure, electronic management system. Some software we use has cloud-based capabilities and this may take advantaged of severs located outside of Australia. At all times we take reasonable steps to ensure protection of the personal information we hold.
CFIH does at times communicate with its clients by email, SMS, and skype. Where possible this communication is limited to administrative matters and we take great care to protect your personal information, however no data transmission over the internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be secure.
Secondary to providing treatment, CFIH conducts and contributes to research which could potentially benefit clients in the future. Data collected during your treatment may be de-identified, collated with other data (from within or external to CFIH), analysed and published. You have the right to withdraw your consent for your data to be used for this purpose at any time – simply contact the Privacy Officer.
Access to Personal Information and Concerns
At any stage you may request access to the personal information we hold, unless the law provides otherwise. If we are unable to provide you with access we will advise you of the reason in writing. All requests for access to personal information should be lodged with the Privacy Officer. These requests will be responded to within 14 days and a reasonable fee may be charged depending on the time required to locate, collate and provide information to you. You will be advised of the fee (if any) in advance.
If you have a concern about the management of your personal information, or wish to correct the personal information we hold, please inform our Privacy Officer. If you wish to lodge a formal complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Privacy Officer Contact Details
- Phone: (07) 3161 0845
- Address: Suite 53, Level 5, Silverton Place, 101 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000