CFIH Cancellation Policy
When will a fee be charged?
- A cancellation fee will apply when appointments are cancelled within 48 hours of the appointment time; or
- In the instance of Saturday/Monday appointments, within 36 hours of the appointment time.
- Less than 24 hours’ notice given = full appointment fee.
- Less than 48 hours’ notice given = $50 fee.
Why is a cancellation policy in place?
Centre for Integrative Health values your treatment, as well as that of clients on the waiting list. A missed appointment is a loss to three people:
- The client who is delaying their therapy progress;
- Another client who has been sitting on the waiting list to see the practitioner urgently and who has not received enough notice to change their plans to attend; and
- The practitioner who spent the time preparing for the session.
When will a fee be waived?
- If reception is notified via phone or email that you are unwell within 48 hours of missing your appointment, and a medical certificate can be supplied within seven (7) days of your missed appointment;
- If an extenuating circumstance or emergency has occurred;
- If a family member has passed.
When must the fee be settled?
- Cancellation fees are payable within 48 hours of the cancelled appointment (this timeframe excludes weekends and public holidays).
- Please note, Medicare does not cover cancelled appointment fees.
How is the fee settled?
- If CFIH has not heard from you via phone or email within 48 hours of your cancellation or non-attendance, we will settle the appropriate fee via Direct Debit using the card information you have provided on the Consent Form. This information will be securely stored in our Customer Management System.
- Your card information will be used only for cancellation fees. Once a payment is made, we will email you a receipt of payment for your records.
How can I appeal the fee if I believe it is unfair?
- You can address your appeal to the Practice Manager and send to . We will respond to your appeal within one week.
What if I do not pay the due cancellation fee?
- If no effort has been made to appeal the fee, or if the appeal has been rejected, unsettled fees will be forwarded onto debt collection.
If you have any questions or queries pertaining to this document or your treatment at CFIH, please ask reception or your clinician. Thank you.