Medicare Rebates & Information
Centre for Integrative Health provides on-the-spot Medicare rebates via our Tyro EFTPOS machine for all clients who have a valid Mental Health Care Plan, Eating Disorder Management Plan, Chronic Disease Management Plan or Psychiatry Referral on file with us.
In the event that we are unable to provide you with an on-the-spot rebate (ie., in the case of Telehealth or technical/Medicare difficulties), you will be required to obtain your rebate independently through submitting your claim to Medicare through the Express Plus Medicare app. We have provided a step-by-step guide to support you with this, below.
Eligible individuals and families will receive back from Medicare up to 80% of the appointment fee once the Medicare Threshold has been reached. You can find more information about the Medicare Threshold below.
How to claim your Medicare rebate
In the event that we are unable to provide you with an on-the-spot rebate (ie., in the case of Telehealth or technical/Medicare difficulties), you will be required to obtain your rebate independently through submitting your claim to Medicare through the Express Plus Medicare app.
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below. Your benefit will be paid into your nominated account within 1-2 business days.
- To lodge a claim, you will require the Express Plus Medicare app. Please download the app from the app store by clicking the icon below:
App Store | Android
- Once inside the app, select ‘Lodge a claim’
- Select ‘Make a claim’
- Choose ‘Accept’
- Answer ‘No’
- Select the name of the person receiving treatment
- Answer ‘Yes’
- Attach a screen shot of the paid invoice then click ‘next’
- Enter the provider number of the CFIH clinician (as displayed on your invoice)
- Enter the item number of the service (as displayed on your invoice
- Where it asks ‘Date of service’, enter the date of your completed appointment
- Enter them amount paid and then press ‘next’
- Enter the provider number of your referring doctor (displayed on your referral)
- Enter the date of the referral from your referring doctor ((displayed on your referral)
- Answer ‘No’
- Review claim and then select ‘submit’ to finalise.
Medicare Safety Net Threshold
Once you have paid a certain amount of out-of-pocket costs for medical/health services that attract a Medicare rebate, you will reach the Medicare threshold.
Once you have reached the thresholds, you’ll start receiving back higher Medicare rebates (up to 80% of the out-of-pocket fee). Medicare thresholds are reset at the beginning of each calendar year.
- Must hold a current Medicare card
- Must have a current Eating Disorder Management Plan, Mental Health Care Plan, Chronic Disease Management Plan and/or Psychiatry referral from your referring doctor
- Must currently receive the Family Tax Benefit (as an individual and/or as a family)
- If you receive Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A and/or hold a concession card, you will meet the threshold (and therefore be eligible for the higher Medicare rebate) once $717.90 of out-of-pocket costs has been reached.
- For all other individuals and families who do not receive FTB part A or do not hold a concession card, the threshold $2249.80.
Please note, services that are bulk billed, billed privately, or claimed through private health insurance do not apply to your Medicare Safety Net Threshold.