Eating disorders and body-image concerns often co-occur alongside other emotional concerns and mental-health conditions such as low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, trauma, and borderline personality disorder.
Knowing where to start and which issue to address first can be overwhelming for the individual experiencing these concerns. Fortunately, the team at CFIH are trained in conducting thorough assessments of a variety of physical- and mental-health concerns and developing treatment plans that systematically address all concerns in a logical and effective manner.
Our psychologists are highly skilled in a number of therapies and treatment approaches to address concerns with eating, exercise, and body-image as well as the many emotional issues that accompany such concerns, including:
- Low self-esteem
- Body dissatisfaction
- Stress and anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-harming behaviour
- Adjustment and Life transitions
- Grief and Loss
Our team are trained and experienced in a number of gold-standard therapies including;
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- FBT (Family-Based Therapy)
- MANTRA (Maudsley Model of Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults)
- DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy)
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Schema Focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Motivational Interviewing
If you, or someone you know, are struggling with an emotional issue, it is important to remember you are not alone.
Please do not hesitate to contact our caring team of professionals who can offer you the support you need.