Kate Gough (nee Pollard)
Kate is one of CFIH’s Senior Accredited Practicing Dietitians. Kate takes a compassionate, evidenced based, Health at Every Size® (HAES) informed approach in supporting people with eating, weight, and body-image concerns.
Kate has extensive experience supporting individuals through a Non-Diet, person-centered approach, collaborating with both with the individual client, their loved ones (if appropriate) and their treatment team.
Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics with Honors
Like all the practitioners at CFIH, Kate is passionate about supporting individuals to overcome concerns they may have with eating and/or body-image. Kate also upholds CFIH’s commitment to promoting and supporting body diversity through adopting a Health At Every Size (HAES), weight-neutral approach to everything she does.
In addition to the above, Kate is an advocate for improving access and affordability of dietetic treatment. In addition to her contributions to CFIH as a senior clinician, Kate also seeks to achieve this through her volunteer role as an Executive Committee Member of Dietitians Association Australia (DAA)’s Eating Disorder Interest Group.
Disease Management Plan with a referral from a General Practitioner (GP) or Psychiatrist. Please contact our Client Care Team for more information about obtaining a referral from your GP.
Kate is also registered to provide Dietetics services which may attract rebates from private health insurers. Please check with your private health fund to determine your eligibility for rebates on Dietetics services.
No referral is required, you can self-refer to CFIH and may be eligible for a rebate through your private health insurer. Please note however, Medicare rebates are only available with a referral from a General Practitioner (GP) or Psychiatrist.
Kate is available for client appointments at our Brisbane clinic from Monday to Thursday (inclusive).
Please note: Kate is currently on maternity leave.
- The International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFEDD)
- Dietitians Association Australia – Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist
- Executive Committee Member – Dietitians Association Australia (DAA)’s Eating Disorder Interest Group
- Mental Health Practitioners Network (MHPN) Brisbane Eating and Weight Management Group – coordinator
- Australia & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED)
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED)
- National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC)
- Association of Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH)
- Non Diet Approach
- Enhanced Cognitive Based Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E)
- Family Based Therapy for Eating Disorders
- Compassion Focused Therapy for Eating Disorders
Hollis, J. Williams L. Young, M. Pollard, K. Collins, C. & Morgan P. (2014). Compliance to step count and vegetable serve recommendations mediates weight gain prevention in mid-age, premenopausal women. Findings of the 40-Something RCT. 83: 33-41.