Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD), Associate Nutritionist (ANutr)
MDietSt (Masters of Dietetics Studies)
BENS (Bachelor of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences)
Kate is a Nutritionist and an Accredited Practicing Dietitian with a special interest in disordered eating as well as body-image and weight concerns. Kate’s other areas of interest include functional gut disorders, weight-neutral approaches to chronic disease management, and sports nutrition.
In addition to completing a Master’s degree in dietetic studies, Kate has completed additional training in Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E) and the Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians.
Kate takes a compassionate, person-focused approach to supporting clients to re-establish a balanced and peaceful relationship with food whilst improving their physical and emotional wellbeing. Kate’s work is informed by Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size® (HAES) principles, and she is an advocate for body-inclusivity within the wider community.
Prior to joining the CFIH team, Kate gained extensive experience in a wide range of mental-health and nutritional issues through her involvement with Headspace National Youth Mental Health program, the Brisbane Eating Disorders Mental Health Professionals Network and The Eating Issues Centre.
- Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians: Fiona Willer & Fiona Sutherland
- CBT-E: Enhanced Cognitive Based Therapy for Eating Disorders: Dr Anthea Fursland
- Introduction to Family Based Therapy: Kim Hurst
- QuEDS In-patient Medical Management of Eating Disorders
- Mental Health First Aid
- The International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Dietitians Association of Australia – Accredited Practicing Dietitian
- Nutrition Society of Australia – Associate Nutritionist
- Australia & New Zealand Mental Health Association
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration
- Association for Size Diversity and Health